- Exclusive use of campsite and washing facilities.
- Fantastic location for walking and wildlife or just chilling out.
- 5m Bell Tent with double bed and sofa.
- Duvet , pillows, bed linen and towels all provided.
- Electric lighting
- Exclusive use of a fabulous wet room.
- Gas BBQ.
- Table and chairs under a dining canopy.
Gilfach is a traditional Welsh hill farm. There are sixty acres of pasture, ancient woodland, larch plantation and rough bracken and wetland meadows. It is home five British White cows and five horses. Guests are welcome to explore the farm and beyond along the rights of way leading from Gilfach’s land. There are wonderful views of Pen-y-Fan from the top of the farm and a stream flowing along the lower border, there is a mass flora and fauna to see with red kites and buzzards circling up and down the valley. The area’s Dark Sky status and the lack of light pollution makes Gilfach ideal for great stargazing.
The Bell Tent sits in a secluded corner away from the main farm buildings. You have your own access and come and go as you please. There is a track to the tents that some vehicles could easily drive down – or park in the farmyard and walk about 100m to the camp area. The shower room and toilet (wet room) is in the main barn.
Interaction with guests
Hugh is the farm owner, lives in the main farm house opposite the cottage and works on the farm during the day so he is available most of the time and is happy for you to knock on the door if you have any queries or need some help.
Other things to note
- Gilfach is pet-friendly and well-behaved dogs are welcome to stay but are not allowed on sofas or beds!
- Access to the farm is along unsurfaced track. Please take care when driving along the track.
- There is a laundry in the barn that guests are welcome to use.
- The barn can also be used for drying and storage of bikes etc.
- Gilfach can’t offer horse riding, but there are three local riding centres.
To make a reservation
£59 per night. Any night, every night. No additional charges.