In line with the Welsh government guidelines we are currently closed.
You are welcome to make a reservation from 1st July 2020 onwards, but with the understanding that if we are not permitted to take guests at that time you will not be able to visit and we will refund any payments.
Please, stay home, protect the NHS, save lives. We look forward to when we will be able to open again, as soon as it is safe, and welcome you all to our part of the world.
Stay safe, Amanda and Hugh
Welcome to Gilfach Farm Holiday Accommodation
- Dog friendly with no additional charges
- Electric mountain bike hire
- BBQ Hut for all weather eating out
- Walkers and Cyclists welcome
- Eco friendly
- Hosts of Good Day Out‘s dinky donkeys
Gilfach translates from the Welsh as ‘nook’ or ‘hideaway’. This perfectly describes our 60 acre farm, tucked away in a steep sided valley yet only a 5 min drive from the A40. The farm dates back four hundred years and parts of the original 400 year old stone barn have been converted into holiday accommodations (the cottage and loft). The farm is home to horses, dinky donkeys, cows, a goose, ducks and the farm dog and cat as well as our treasured native flora and fauna.
Situated just north of the Brecon Beacons National Park, Gilfach is a perfect base to explore the great outdoors from or hunker down and enjoy the peace and quiet of our little “hideaway”.
We have four self-catering holiday accommodations available on the farm, each entirely self-contained and distinct from each other;
- Cosy Barn Cottage – sleeps four, one double bed & one twin room, traditional barn conversion with log burner. Can sleep six – sofa bed.
- Romantic Barn Loft – sleeps two, king size bed, exposed timber beams and super comfortable.
- Tucked Away Log Cabin – sleeps four, one double bed & one bunk bed, double doors to decking.
- Snug Oak Hut – sleeps two, full bathroom, compact kitchen, BBQ, underfloor heating.
If you would like to search for availability across all the holiday rentals at Gilfach – please enter your dates below. For a specific rental – please go to its page first.
For more information about the farm and all that we provide please follow the links at the bottom of the page.
Telephone: 07770 851299
Please feel free to like and follow us on our social media channels which are regularly updated;