All accommodation at Gilfach is self-catering. The nearest supermarkets are in Brecon. There is a Morrisons, Co-op and Aldi. Brecon is about 20-25mins drive from Gilfach.
There is a convenience store at the Glanusk Services in Sennybridge. Just 5 mins drive from the farm.
I don’t have laying hens at the moment, however my neighbour does sell excellent free range eggs at their farm gate, Fynnonwyrgan Farm.
If you would like a BBQ we have a BBQ Hut in the main garden where you can enjoy a charcoal BBQ whatever the weather, day or night! Let us know if you would like us to reserve it for you for an evening or lunchtime.
If you would like a pub meal, I can recommend:
- The Shoemakers Arms, Pentre-bach 01874 636508 LD3 8UB (closed on Tuesday)
- Tanners Arms, Defynog 01874 638032 LD3 8SF
- Usk and Railway, Sennybridge 01874 636101 LD3 8RS
- White House, Sennybridge 01874 636396 LD3 8RP
- The Old Yew Tree, Sennybridge 01874 638200 LD3 8SB
There is a very good Fish and Chip shop in Sennybridge – however it is only open on Friday and Saturdays 5-9pm. It is in a small building behind the Usk and Railway. You can call them on 01874 636809. They won’t deliver, but you can place your order over the phone.
There are also all the usual take aways in Brecon and Llandovery